FYS says: Please remember the new rule regarding active starting pitchers: Each series, a roster must contain at least four starting pitchers who are pitching that week. For example: If a team has two three-game series and the starters at home are A, B, and C, and the starters on the road are D, A, and B, the team would need to keep A, B, C, and D on the roster for both the home and road series. Another example: If the starters were A, B, and C at home, and D, E, and A on the road, the team could keep either (A, B, C and D) or (A, B, C and E) on the home roster, and either (D, E, A and B) or (D, E, A and C) on the road roster.
The CTCBL is a Strat-o-Matic baseball league that has operated continuously since 1985.
8/18: IMPORTANT DATES
Sunday, 8/26 - End of 3rd Quarter.
Monday, 9/3 - Trade & Temp request deadlines, 3PM ET.
Tuesday, 9/4 - Mike posts pre-4th quarter files.
Sunday, 9/9 - CMs due, President's check.
Monday, 9/10 - 4th quarter files posted, PLAYBALL.
1. The Temp Draft will take place between the 3rd and 4th quarter. Temps are carded players who are not the property of any team. Teams may select up to six players from the temp pool. To select a player(s), a list must be submitted to the Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner by the date specified.
2. Temp player distribution begins with the team that has compiled the worst W-L record at the end of the 3rd quarter. Only one temp is distributed to a team thru each of the six rounds. Since players on each list may be taken by another owner, the list should contain more players than those desired.
3. If two or more teams request the same player, the team with the lesser winning percentage is awarded the player in question. Should there be a tie, the Commissioner will use a lottery to award the player.
4. Usage availability is directly affected if the temp player in question has been used/cut by a previous owner.
5. These players will be recognized by the League as “temp” players and will not count towards the 33 player roster limit. No player needs to be de-activated when a “temp” player is picked up.
7. Temp players may not be traded, or used in the post season.
8. Teams may not trade temp pick options.
9. Upon the completion of the regular season, temp players will be released into the free agent pool and become eligible for the following rookie draft, if carded.
2017 CTCBL Playoff Grid
South Shore 2
North Pole 4
North Pole 1
Union Lake 2
CTCBL World Series