SYS says: Hey all. So a lousy season comes to an end, but I think I got where I wanted to go. I have been working the last couple of years of shifting from a SP focused team to an offense heavy one. Got tired of having a bunch of pretty good pitchers but always having two or three out for a half season or so due to injury. Therefore, really looking forward to next season. Taking off for my periodic trip to trek the Himalyas again for most of October. I should be available for the CTCBL draft then. I'll figure that out when I get back. Good luck to the Post Season teams.
The CTCBL is a Strat-o-Matic baseball league that has operated continuously since 1985.
2019 CTCBL Playoff Grid
CTCBL World Series
10/14/19: IMPORTANT DATES & NOTES.
Strat's roster disk release: Roster cut to 28 (or fewer).
March 20-22/'20: CTCBL Winter Meeting & Rookie Draft - Cooperstown, NY.
A. The five teams with the best record in each league will make the playoffs. Playoff teams must announce their 25 active player rosters prior to each series. Teams that advance may alter their 25 active player rosters prior to each subsequent series.
4. There will be one week off after the regular season. During this week teams will submit their playoff rosters, and stats central will set up the playoff league after a cross-check of playoff rosters has been completed.
B. The first round of the League Playoffs will have the 4th and 5th place teams from each league compete in a best of five series. The second round will have the 1st place team host the winner of the 4th and 5th game series, and the 2nd place team hosting the 3rd place team in a best of seven series. The third round will be the League Championship Series, and the fourth round will be the CTCBL World Series between the AL and NL Champions, each of which will be a best of seven series.
1. In the first three rounds of the playoffs, the team with the better record will have the home field advantage. Ties will be broken by head-to head record, then by lottery.
3. There are four days of rest from the end of the regular season until the start of the playoffs for those teams finishing in the top three.
4. There will be one day of rest following the regular season for the teams playing in the 4/5 series, unless the 5th place team is involved in a playoff game (B.2.). There is no day off for the 5th place playoff game winner, prior to the 4/5 series. The winner of this series will have one day of rest prior to their playoff series against the league pennant winner.
C. There is one day of rest for each travel day within a playoff series (2-2-1, 2-3-2). There is one day of rest between the last game of a playoff series and the first game of the next series.
1. In the playoffs, owners do not give the teams any “days off” to begin a series, as they are already included within the playoff schedule. Note: If one team has completed their series in fewer games than their upcoming opponent, an additional day off is awarded for each fewer game and travel day.
2. The length of any series being played by two American League teams has no effect on the days off between series being played by two National League teams, and vice versa.
3. Prior to the CTCBL World Series, if one league championship series finishes in fewer games than that of the other league championship series, the fewer games and travel days each represent one additional day of rest.
CTCBL WEEKLY GAME PROCEDURES
I've put together a document for the new guys that explains how things should work.